Support Us By Shopping Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sports Corner: The Trade That Once Was.

I don't know about you but I'm a big fan of basketball. Everything that has been going all lately regarding the NBA has me tearing out the little hair that I do have. 

If you are a basketball fan I'm sure you have knowledge of the lockout that just recently ended. That alone angered me as both sides seemed to have wanted too much when at the end of the day both the players and owners are getting paid, major bucks. I'm glad they finally came to a conclusion, Christmas day marks the start of the season.

The latest in the NBA is the trade that once was. A three team trade was put in place by the Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Hornets, and Houston Rockets. It ultimately led to the Lakers getting the best player out of the deal, Chris Paul. Since the NBA owns the team Paul is a part of, the Hornets, they were able to block this trade and prevent it from happening. Commissioner David Stern immediately felt the backlash, the trade got restructured but the next moment a key player in the trade from the Lakers, Lamar Odom, gets traded to a whole other team, the Mavericks. This is a result of the trade that was deaded, the league is excersicing their authority far too much. 

Have something to say? Speak on it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment