Support Us By Shopping Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Thursday, December 22, 2011

START OVER KING: Trust?

Talking to a close friend today we came across the topic of trust. To add more detail the question we asked each other was "should one should put all their trust into someone as soon as they meet them?". We all are familiar with mutual trust, that usually comes with first meetings more or less. What we mean is full trust. My friend insisted that no, no one should put all their trust into someone after they first meet them because you don't know anything about the other person and there is no telling how that person may be based off a couple of sit-downs.

I myself believe that yes, you should trust someone you first meet, wouldn't you want them to trust you? Now if someone seems like the fishy type or sends you bad vibes you might want to be on your toes with that one but if the person seems okay then I don't see why not trust them. I don't mean leave them with your little brother or anything of that sort but I mean believing what that person says, that is unless it sounds too far fetched and all the things on par with first meetings. Some might say what i'm speaking on is mutual respect but i'm talking one notch higher. You may hurt yourself if you greet everyone you meet with a "dont trust anyone" attitude.

Have something to say? Speak on it.

1 comment:

  1. INsiGHT, I think both you and your friends make valid points. I too think that when I meet someone who does not seem shady, that I would want to give them the impression that I am worthy of their trust. However, it is important to be cautious of that other person too. One must not immediately expose any important details or information that could be used to harm you. There should be a happy medium where it is okay to trust a person with minor details, but not be so much an open book until after several hang-outs, chats, or what have you and you know they will most likely not betray you.

    ReplyDelete